Order Why Israel Resources
Support our ministry
Israel & Christians Today
Biblical understanding about Israel
January 30, 2014
2014 - a new season for Israel, the church and the nations?
At the start of a new year, we want to thank all our friends, partners and supporters worldwide. Without you, the ministry of Christians for Israel would not be possible. It is such a blessing to work and walk closely with so many friends around the globe.
2014 promises to be an exciting year for Israel, the church and the nations. And therefore for Christians for Israel. Many have a sense that we are on the verge of some major events. As an international ministry, now active in more than forty countries worldwide, we must be ready to deal with such changes.
Our mission remains just as relevant as ever: to raise awareness in the church and nations concerning God's eternal purposes with Israel, and to promote comfort of Israel and the Jewish people in prayer and action.
These are some of the activities our global, regional and national teams will be focussing on in 2014:
Training teachers in the nations
- The core of our ministry is helping Christians to gain a deeper understanding of what the Apostle Paul calls the "mystery of Israel" (Romans 9:25). This is done by speaking in churches, meetings, conferences, and wherever people will listen. In order to train and equip teachers in the nations, we will be organising "train-the-teachers" conferences in several regions in 2014, led by international teachers Willem Glashouwer, Harald Eckert, Andrew Tucker and others:
- Cebu City, Philippines: 8-10 May 2014 for South East Asia
- Kiev, Ukraine: 22-25 May 2014 for Europe
Kampala, Uganda: June 2014 for Eastern Africa
New Zealand or Fiji - perhaps in late 2014
[our New Zealand team is starting to connect with Christian leaders in the Pacific region - this is a matter of prayer as we seek the Lord's timing and strategy]
Tours to Israel and other educational programs in Israel
- Many of our affiliates organise tours to Israel and other educational programs in Israel. We are delighted that we have entered into a strategic partnership with Keshet, Center for Educational Tourism in Israel. Together with Keshet and other local/national partners, we will be bringing many groups to Israel from all over the world. Marnix van Ede has been appointed as C4I's Israel Liaison Officer to coordinate and promote these programs. In particular, we are very conscious of the need to develop more programs for young adults and professionals.
Publishing educational resources
- We will continue to develop and publish our growing portfolio of books and DVDs, in many languages.
- An international team will be formed to upgrade our websites and internet activities in different languages.
- As of 1 January 2014, a new international editorial team is responsible for the English-language newspaper Israel & Christians Today - coordinated from New Zealand.
Building the Christians for Israel movement
- Our regional coordinators are doing great work to expand the ministry, supported by Regional councils in several regions - Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania.
- We are especially excited by the new leadership teams in Australia, New Zealand and USA, and we will be working hard with them to develop the ministry in these key countries.
- Planning is underway for the Fifth Bi-Annual Christians for Israel International Leadership Forum to be held in Jerusalem in March 2015 - more details to follow!
- Our main project is "Bring the Jews Home" (helping Jews worldwide to make aliyah). As the situation in Ukraine shows, this is of great prophetic importance.
- In addition, we will be supporting a number of other projects in Israel, including some projects we have been supporting for many years such as the Jaffa Institute of Rabbi David Portowicz.
- Prayer is the most important weapon of all - so in 2014 we will be intensifying our efforts to organise prayer initiatives in many nations.
- Harald Eckert is leading the 100-Day Prayer initiative, a project in partnership with Ebenezer Operation Exodus, the European Coalition for Israel and Derek Prince Ministries.