Order Why Israel Resources
Support our ministry
Israel & Christians Today
Biblical understanding about Israel
May 29, 2015
Christians for Israel International Leadership Forum 2015 – Celebrating God’s faithfulness
Sixty Christians for Israel leaders from Europe, Africa, USA, South America, Asia and Oceania/Pacific attended the sixth bi-annual leadership Forum at Ramat Rachel in Jerusalem.
In the course of four intensive days, they shared experiences, heard testimonies, visited several projects supported by Christians for Israel, prayed together, and made plans for the further development of the Christians for Israel ministry.
Some highlights –
- President Willem J.J. Glashouwer introduced the new edition of his book Why Jerusalem? (part two in the trilogy Why Israel?, Why Jerusalem? and Why End Times?).
- International Chairman Harald Eckert and Executive Director Andrew Tucker outlined the plans to consolidate the further growth of the ministry – this includes organizing regional and national training conferences and resources, further strengthening the international head office, and establishing a stronger presence in Israel.
- Evangelist Drake Kanaabo explained how Christians for Israel leadership teams have now established in twelve nations in Eastern, southern and central Africa. The amazing story of Israel is being spread across the continent through radio, TV, conferences andmeetings, and the distribution of educational resources. The head office in Kampala, administered by a small but dedicated staff, is attracting wide interest, and serves as a platform for ministry development across the continent.
- The team in USA is being consolidated, and plans are underway for establishment of regional hubs in different parts of the USA.
- The ministry is spreading strongly in Asia. Regional Director Wilson Ng described the great hunger for teaching of God’s word in Korea, China, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and Taiwan. Rev. Conrado Lumahan described how C4I has become well-known throughout the Philippines. The next Asian Leadership conference will be held in Myanmar in late November 2015.
| Christians for Israel leaders from Asia
- Plans were launched at the Forum for the establishment of a new Christians for Israel office in Brazil, under able leadership of Pastor Val Nogueira.
- The strong delegation of C4I New Zealand (led by Graeme Lee) was accompanied by Lepani and Salote Mokupana, the new C4I leaders in Fiji. From the regional head office in Auckland, contacts are now being made with Christian leaders in several nations in the Pacific Islands, such as Solomon Islands.
- C4I Australia leaders Ian and Mandy Worby explained that the ministry in Australia is growing steadily, partly thanks to the strategic partnership with United Christian Broadcasters (UCB). This is offering a platform for further outreach into South East Asia. There is much potential in Australia, but it will be necessary to engage additional staff in order to take the ministry to a higher level.
- The C4I team from Ukraine described the humanitarian emergency arising from the critical situation in the eastern part of Ukraine. C4I is providing assistance to many Jewish refugees, and facilitating their emigration to Israel in close cooperation with the Jewish Agency for Israel. (read C4I Ukraine update)
| C4I Australia leaders Ian and Mandy Worby
- The Christians for Israel teams in Europe (Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, UK) welcomed their newest member – Edi and his wife Bona Demo from Albania, who were visiting Israel for the first time (with their two small sons).
| Edi Demo from Albania and his two sons
- In recognition of the need to further engage the younger generation, plans were launched to establish an international young adults ministry, together with the young adults ministries that have already been established in Netherlands (Isreality) and Germany (IsraelConnect).
- Prayer and worship at the conference was ably led by Harald Eckert, Marie-Louise Weissenböck and Graham and Sandy Simpson (NZ).
- Approximately 100 people attended the reception held on Thursday 7th May in celebration of the return of the Jewish people to Israel. Rev. Willem Glashouwer emphasized the importance of understanding the eternal significance of God’s covenants with Israel, as expressed in what Christians call the “Old Testament”. Israeli Rabbi David Brodman (Savyon Centre) expressed his joy and deep gratitude to Christians for Israel for its work in fighting anti-Semitism and raising awareness amongst Christians of God’s purposes with Israel and the Jewish people. Michael Freund (Shavei Israel) described the return of the “ten lost tribes” in accordance with God’s word, introduced by an inspiring traditional dance performance by members of the Bnei Menashe community.
| Rabbi David Brodman from the Savyon Centre
Michael Freund with members of the Bnei Menasse community
Jonathan Spyer (Director of the Rubin Centre and Editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA)) gave an extremely lucid lecture on the developments in the Middle East, and the external threats facing Israel. Natan Sharansky (Chairman, Jewish Agency for Israel) spoke about growing anti-Semitism worldwide, and the need to be ready for greater waves of aliyah in the coming time. He expressed deep gratefulness for the friendship and work of Christians for Israel, and the hope that we will work even more closely together in the future.
| Natan Sharansky, chairman Jewish Agency for Israel
The Leadership Forum was followed by the 3-day Global Prayer Call Conference, attended by over 300 delegates from more than 30 nations. This event, organized by Christians for Israel in partnership with Ebenezer Operation Exodus and the European Coalition for Israel (ECI), was the closing session of the 100-days in remembrance of the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz and the end of WWII. (read GPC report)
Special thanks to Yitzak Sokoloff, Marnix van Ede, Moshe Gabay and Racheli of Keshet Educational Travel for all their work in making this Forum a success.
|Yitzhak Sokoloff founder and President of Keshet Educational Travel with Rev. Willem Glashouwer and his wife Marianne
There are many more photographs. A selection can be viewed here.