Order Why Israel Resources
Support our ministry
Israel & Christians Today
Biblical understanding about Israel
March 30, 2016
Christians for Israel leaders meet in Jerusalem
Seventeen Christians for Israel leaders met in Jerusalem from 26-29 February 2016. This was the third annual meeting of the “Global Executive Council”, which was established in 2014. The Council comprises the International Chairman, President and Executive Director, the Regional Directors, and the C4I International staff. These annual meetings are an opportunity to report on developments in the Christians for Israel ministry around the world, to encourage each other, and prayerfully to consider plans for the future.
The Regional Directors brought encouraging and at times challenging reports from the various regions. Some highlights -
- Marie Louise Weissenböck (Europe) reported that we are consolidating our ministry in Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Ukraine. New planned projects in Europe include: developing French-language resources and speaking team, building a new team in the UK, a second conference planned in Albania in April 2016, and new openings in Denmark and the Baltic States.
- Drake Kanaabo (East Africa) reported that Christians for Israel Uganda is experiencing fruits of the many years of hard work. 1 million flyers were printed and distributed during Christian meetings in the New Year – encouraging Christians in Uganda to pray for Israel and their nation. Willem Glashouwer will lead a teaching conference planned in Kampala in April 2016, in an effort to equip more church leaders to teach about God’s faithfulness towards Israel.
- Elemi Samson (Central/West Africa) reported that despite the many challenges, the ministry is gaining a foothold in Nigeria, in part due to the increasing TV broadcasts of C4I programs, networking in churches and training conferences.
- Wilson Ng (Asia) reported that the ministry is growing rapidly in Asia. A two-pronged approach is being adopted – raising awareness through networking with Christian leaders throughout the region, and training teachers to educate others about God’s purposes with Israel, the church and the nations. National teams have been established in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, and Philippines. Teams are being established in Myanmar and India, while new contacts have been made in Pakistan, Vietnam.
- Ian Worby (new Regional Director for Oceania/Pacific) reported on growth of the ministry in Australia and New Zealand, the appointment of national C4I representatives in Fiji and Cook Islands, and the great potential throughout the region of Oceania and Pacific Islands. Worby combines his new responsibilities with his role as Regional Director for United Christian Broadcasters (UCB).
C4I Australia leaders Ian and Mandy Worby together with C4I Asia Director Wilson Ng in Jerusalem
C4I International leadership near Jaffa Gate in Jerusalem